The purpose of this policy is to outline a set of fair information practices that govern the collection, maintenance, use, and disclosure of personal information on the Pearl River Valley Electric Power Association website.
Like most other websites, Pearl River Valley EPA maintains web logs that automatically record basic information about visitors. This information consists of:
- Internet domain from which you access our website (i.e. aol.com, yourschool.edu, yourcompany.com).
- IP address. An IP address is automatically assigned to your computer when you surf the web. In some cases, these addresses may be individually identifiable. However, even when an IP address is identifiable, it usually takes additioanl effort to link a particular P addrss to a specific individual. For many users, an IP addrss cannot be linked to a specific individual.
- Type of browser and operating system used to access our website.
- Date and time of access.
- Pages visited.
- Address of the website (if any) from which you linked to Pearl River Valley EPA.
Pearl River Valley EPA normally only uses web log information in aggregae form to enable us to make our site more useful. Pearl River Valley EPA likes to know which features are popular and how visitors locat the site. Web logs may be used to identify visistors who seek to damage the website, sue the website in unauthorized ways, or interfere with operations. Information about users who try to engage in any unapproved activities may be shared with law enforcement agencies. Pearl River Valley EPA does not collect any personal information about a routine visitor unless the visitor provides it to Pearl River Valley EPA.
Email and Web Forms
If you use our website to send Pearl River Valley EPA email, aks for information, access account information, purchase merchandise, or if you provide personal information in any other way, Pearl River Valley EPA collects and may maintain the informat that you provide. Your information may be shared among Pearl River Valley EPA staff and support services as necessary in order to respond to your request. Once information reaches the correct office, it will be used in the same manner as comparable information collected in other ways.
Security and Data Quality
- Pearl River Valley EPA maintains its website and its information with technical, administrative, and physical safeguards to protect us against loss, unauthorized access, destruction, misuse, modification, and improper disclosure. Pearl River Valley EPA is committed to maintaining accurate, timely, relevant, and appropriate information about our users. No computer system can ever be fully protected against every possible hazard. Pearl River Valley EPA provides reasonable and appropriate security to protect against foreseeable hazards.
- Routine e-mail sent to Pearl River Valley EPA through this website or otherwise is not necessarily secure against interception. If your communication contains personal information that you consider sensitive, you may not want to use e-mail. Our website does use a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption to protect communications. If your browser supports SSL, then you can share personal information with a high degree of confidence that the information cannot be intercepted and read.
Uses and Disclosures
- Pearl River Valley EPA uses its website to provide information to its members, employees, and the general public.
- General-Personal information collected through the Pearl River Valley EPA website may be used from time to time by outside auditors, consultants, and others hired by Pearl River Valley EPA to assist in carrying out financial, management, and other activities. Pearl River Valley EPA generally directs recipients to agree to safeguard personal information, to use it only as authorized by Egyptian Electric, and to return or destroy it when no longer required.
- Legal Process-Pearl River Valley EPA could be required to disclose personal information in response to valid legal process, such as a search warrant, subpoena, or court order. Any record keeper faces this possibility. Disclosures may also be appropriate to protect Egyptian Electric’s legal rights or during emergencies if physical safety is believed to be at risk. Pearl River Valley EPA believes that these events are unlikely, but they are possible. Pearl River Valley EPA will take reasonable steps to limit the scope and consequences of any of these disclosures.
- Subscriptions-Pearl River Valley EPA does not sell, rent, or othewise share lists fo subscribers to online newstand services or list servers.
- Executive Vice-President/General Manager, Department Managers, and Supervisors shall be responsible for seeing that this policy is followed.
- If you want to see or correct any information that Pearl River Valley EPA has collected about you online, you can make a request to firstname.lastname@example.org or send regular mail to: Jeff Sloan, Manager of IT, Pearl River Valley EPA, P.O. Box 1217, Columbia, MS 39429.
- If you want to see or correct information, you will be asked to provide sufficient proof of identity, such as a driver’s license, passport, or other documentation.